Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
Fort Huachuca, Sierra Vista, AZ & Yuma Proving Grounds
In 2009, FM GROUP INC was selected perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments of single-family and multi-family residences located on Fort Huachuca and on Yuma Proving Grounds. Our scope of services included the review of Baseline Assessment Reports and all existing assessments and environmental reports that were commissioned by the Army or any other Federal agency for both military bases. This task also included performing Historical Reviews and Regulatory Records Searches (Federal, state, and local regulatory agency databases), and a PCB evaluation. Our on-site inspections noted any potential contamination from surrounding area and other potential environment concerns. In addition, we provided lead-based paint, lead in drinking water, asbestos and radon testing.
HOHOKAM INDUSTRIAL BUILDING | PROPERTY CONDITION ASSESSMENT
FM GROUP INC was contracted in 2009 to conduct a Property Condition Assessment (BCA) for a vacant 48,700 square feet building with an adjacent +/-6,350 square foot water treatment facility. The previous tenant of the building, produced rigid-flex circuits, requiring the utilization of hazardous materials in the manufacturing process. With the building now vacant, the owner, RREEF Alternative Investments, wanted to return the building to "AS IS" conditions prior to the previous tenant including removal of any systems and components used in connection with its business. FM GROUP INC performed a BCA to determine the following existing conditions: site development (paving & drainage), building exterior (structure, roof, mechanical), building interior (interior areas, electrical, plumbing, life safety/fire protection). We also observed if the following systems installed by the previous tenant had been removed: in-floor trench systems; screen room area; epoxy flooring; process piping; above and below ground waste piping associated with manufacturing/production ventilation equipment; dust or vapor exhaust systems; air emissions equipment (scrubbers, control devices, etc.); wastewater treatment plant and associated piping; hazardous waste storage area; underground piping; spill containments systems; traps, filters, cyclones, precipitators, bag filters; plating baths; gas detectors or other process related alarm systems; special fire suppression systems; non-standard building electrical systems or components; kinetic, electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic systems.
Future Chandler Preparatory Academy | Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
In early July of 2009, FM GROUP INC was contracted to perform a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, Property Condition Assessment and Asbestos Survey for the required Asbestos Management Plan for a 104,000 square foot commercial building. Our research findings resulted in no environmental impairments.
Persis Asset Advisors, LLC (PERSIS) | Facility Condition Assessments
FM GROUP INC was contracted by Persis Asset Advisors, LLC for a Facility Condition Assessment of a Persis Asset that was currently occupied by tenant Kohls Retail store. The facility was approximately 88,408 square feet on a parcel of land 9.33 acres.
Arizona School for the Deaf and the Blind | Facility Condition Assessments
FM GROUP INC was contracted by Arizona Department of Administration and LSW Engineering to conduct a facility condition assessment of four (4) dormitory buildings on the Arizona School for the Deaf and the Blind Tucson campus to assess the current condition and layout and note any visible code deficiencies. These dorms included:
- Ocotillo Dormitory built approximately 1958
- Palo Verde Dormitory built approximately 1957
- Pima Dormitory built approximately 1954
- Saguaro Dormitory built approximately 1961
FM GROUP INC prepared an Assessment Report based upon our observations of the dormitories, and provided recommendations to include replacement of the existing evaporative cooling systems with refrigerant cooling systems.
RREEF Management | Construction Oversight & Facility Condition Assessment
FM GROUP INC was contracted by RREEF Management Company to provide facilities management support services for various properties. Projects included:
- Construction Oversight Services for a phased commercial office complex containing one 3-story building, (totaling 130,000 square footage of building space), and associated parking garage located at the northwest corner of Ray Road and the Price Freeway in Chandler.
- Construction Oversight Services on a phased commercial office/warehouse complex consisting of nine single-story buildings and associated surface parking located at the northeast corner of 40th Street and Cotton Lane in Phoenix.
- Facility Condition Assessment on an existing commercial property consisting of a single- story, back office facility, (totaling 82,245 square footage of building space), and associated surface parking. This property is located at 740 South Roosevelt Street in Tempe.
- Facility Condition Assessment on an existing commercial property consisting of two single-story, back office facilities, (totaling 142,462 square footage of building space), and associated surface parking. These properties are located at 7419 and 7420 South Roosevelt Street in Tempe.
- ADA Compliance Survey, including a field survey of the exterior and interior of Anchor Centre One, to determine if previously reported deficiencies have been remedied, and to identify any other apparent areas of non-compliance with respect to the ADAAG requirements in Phoenix.
- As-Built drawings for six buildings in the Broadway Industrial Park, Tempe.
First National Bank of Arizona | Facility Condition Assessment
FM GROUP INC provided a Facility Condition Assessment for First National Bank of Arizona in conjunction with the purchase of an office building. The building is a 5,600 square foot, two-story facility with standard parking areas and landscaping. The survey included visual inspections of major building components (building site, structural system, roofing, architectural finishes, HVAC systems, fire sprinkler system and plumbing and electrical components). The documentation report included a summary of each item inspected and a statement and an opinion of repair costs. Important issues of this project are appropriately, investigating and reporting the existing conditions of the subject facility, and calling attention to any defective or questionable areas.
DSL Services Company | Feasibility Study
FM GROUP INC provided a Feasibility Study for DSL Services Company for the potential purchase of a property including three (3) parcels of land. The subject property is a total of 7.5 acres, and will be developed to include a future data center and investment office/warehouse buildings.
Our activities included:
- Review of the PAD site’s CCR’s,
- Review City’s PAD Zoning requirements, Design Review Requirements and Plan Review Requirements
- Confirm with the City the process and schedule for Design Review and Plan Review
- Review ALTA Survey and Geotechnical Report for the subject property
- Review of utility availability
- Preparation of a conceptual site plan
The report included findings from the above activities, and also included proposed project schedule with an accelerated completion time frame to include a design/build format for the Architect/Contractor Team. This report was used by the Client in a "Go/No Go" decision process for the purchase of the property. FM GROUP INC later went on to design the data center on this parcel.
James Hotel (Previously Old Towne Hotel) | Property Condition Assessment & Other Due-Diligence Activities
FM GROUP INC successfully completed limited due diligence activities for the new Owners of the James Hotel, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, in late 2002. During our Due-Diligence activities we performed document review, limited environmental testing, site observations, and reporting on the existing facilities’ systems and equipment. In addition, we prepared As-Built drawing for the new Owner.
In 2003, we conducted a second Property Condition Assessment for ARBOR Commercial Mortgage, LLC, and commercial lender for the new Owners of the James Hotel. The purpose of this assessment was to observe and document readily visible materials and building system defects, which might significantly affect the value of the Property and determine if conditions exist which may have a significant impact on the continued operation of the facility during the evaluation period. We performed all observations with Licensed Professional Engineer and a Professional Registered Architect. Our Property Condition Assessment Report included:
- Evaluations of the current condition of all systems (structural, interior and exterior)
- Photos identifying the areas of deficiencies
- Verification of Code Compliance (ADA, Zoning, Fire)
- Special repair and replacement including the electrical capacity and circuit overload protection of the property, assessment aluminum wiring usage and verification that receptacles are rated to accept aluminum wiring, verification that fire retardant treated plywood was used in the construction of the roof
- 12-Year Replacement Schedule
- Cost Estimate for immediate deficiencies
Our assessment was performed without removing or damaging components of the existing building systems.